Tuesday, January 08, 2008

the voice of the martyr

I was just telling myself last week that I was not able to buy anything for myself this year. I was planning to get myself an I-pod touch, but then again my mom needed the money more than I do so I “lent” her the money. I opted for the I-pod nano (with video), my friend told me it only cost about 7-8k. I got excited, I started browsing about the gadget, even though I read a lot of downbeat about it, I still want it. But when I started my Christmas shopping, I overspent. Although I still have enough to buy the nano video, I was a bit hesitant coz I don’t want to begin my year with zero balance in the bank. Then my dad talked to me. He asked me if I have any savings coz he needs to borrow it, apparently my mom did not pay my sister’s tuition in full even if my dad gave him the full amount. So I lent my money to my dad. Although I know my dad will pay me, probably after 10 year, but I know he will still pay. I was left with nothing. Last week I went to the mall with pinkie to buy a gift for another group of friends. We were at Booksale, I don’t have any plan of buying book as a gift. She was browsing through the management and accounting books when she pointed to a brown old looking book on the top shelf and yelled, “anung ginagawa ng Jesus Freak dyan?” I pulled the book and to my surprise, it’s a copy of Jesus Freaks by the DC Talk. I read the book through Jasper about 3 years ago and since then I’ve been looking for it. I only have 500 left that time, but what the heck! Its Jesus Freak and its only 140. so now, now I have what I consider to be a very valuable gift for myself.
book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home