Friday, March 02, 2007

best speeches

since tapos na ang award season sa states, here are some memorable acceptance speeches that tops my head this time...sorry am at work, slow ang utak ko. hehehe

Hugh Laurie-Golden Globe Best Actor in a Series
"I'm speechless.I’m literally without a speech. It seems odd to me that in the weeks leading up to this event, when people are falling over themselves to send you free shoes and free cufflinks and free colonic irrigations for two, nobody offers you a free acceptance speech. It just seems to me to be a gap in the market. I would love to be able to pull out a speech by Dolce & Gabbana."
Julia Roberts, Best Actress, 2000 Academy Awards

[about the 45-second limit on acceptance speeches]" I'm so happy, thank you. A girl's got to have her moment. Everybody tries to get me to shut up. It didn't work with my parents and it didn't work now."
Chandra Wilson-SAG Awards Best Actress in a Series

"...And last but not least, just to be able to take this thing home to my girls, in particular, and hold it in front of them and say, “Look, with this skin and this nose, and this height, and these arms,” you know, “I’m here!”
Forrest Whittaker-Academy Awards Best Actor

"When I was a kid, the only way that I saw movies was from the backseat of my family's car. At the drive-in. And, it wasn't my reality to think I would be acting in movies, so receiving this honor tonight tells me that it's possible. It is possible for a kid from east Texas, raised in South Central L.A. in Carson, who believes in his dreams, commits himself to them with his heart, to touch them, and to have them happen."
Jennifer Hudson-Academy Awards Best Supporting Actress

"...This is for my Grand Mother who always had the talent and passion for acting but never had a chance.
Jennifer Hudson-Golden Globe Best Supporting Actress

"Thank you! You have no idea what this will do to my career and my confidence"

1 Comments:

Blogger Renan said...

unforgettable... speech...
"sa emi" - various!!!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home