Monday, October 06, 2008



first time I heard of this movie was nearly 5 years ago. We we’re at nanie’s house and ate lulu borrowed the DVD from kuya Melvin. He said, “Lu, maganda yan, nakakaiyak”. I’m not a big fan of anime so I did not even look at the DVD. But for some reason the title got stocked in my head.
When I came to Convergys, Chari, my wavemate, showed me her DVD collection. I saw Grave of the Fireflies there and I asked her “ is this good?”. Her big eyes became even bigger “sobrang ganda nyan, you have to watch that”. So I borrowed the DVD, but I never got the chance to watch it. It got buried under my unwatched DVDs (including pinkie’s Derailed. Hahaha!)
Last month, my roommates and I went to the DVD (dee-bee-dee) haven aka Circle C. he looked for a bunch of Anime and bought some, one of the 20 something in 1 DVD he bought has the movie Grave of the Fireflies. He watched it and told me the same thing “watch mo sya, nakaka-iyak”. Finally , I was bored to death last Saturday and I was rummaging through my DVDs when I remember it. I put it on the player and looked for the title. To my surprise, its dubbed in English. I don’t know if watching it was a best idea on a weary and rainy Saturday but I was reaching for tissue for most part of the movie (from beginning to end to be exact). And mind you, I don’t easily cry over movies, I cry over the weird ones. I didn’t cry when I watched The Passion of the Christ but I cried at Armageddon. I didn’t cry on The Notebook, but I cried at Monster’s Inc. told you I’m weird. Hahaha! But for Grave of the Fireflies! My oh my, tears-tear-tears! And not just tears, there were sobs too. Michelle! For crying out loud! It’s a cartoon! Hahaha! Man I need a life. But seriously. The movie is really sad. I did not even finish it in one sitting, I had to stop in the middle of the movie coz I cant take it anymore. But after a few Friends episode I decided to continue. But I still bawled like a baby. Huhuhu!
I found out that there’s a book of the same title. I want the book, although I know I’ll have a hard time looking for one coz it was originally released 1988. Anyone knows where can I buy old Japanese, as in really old ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home