Monday, February 16, 2009

reunion

2 weeks ago I got a message from one of my best friends that she’ll have a flight here in Manila and she would like to meet up. She’ll only be here for around 5 hours so I gave her my number for her to call me as soon as she lands. Come Saturday, her fly date, I decided to stroll around Rob Place Manila so in case she’ll call I can go to her hotel (Diamond Hotel) right away. When I searched for flights of KA to Manila there’s only one, arrives at 445 PM, I arrived at Rob around 5pm, I walked around, shopped a bit and I realized its almost 630pm and I still haven’t heard from Joanne, I told myself maybe she’s really busy and don’t have enough time, but I’d really love to see her. I decided to stay until 7pm and wait. 635…645…650…Man! time can really be slow… then 655pm, my phone rang (si Lord talaga!)… a really high pitched woman greeted me and keeps screaming “kumusta naman?” I had no ides who she is, but when she started laughing, I realized it my bestfriend calling. She’s 1 floor away from where I was standing, apparently she’s got lots of errands and started it first before calling me. When I told her I’ve been waiting in Rob since 5pm she said she’s also in Rob since 5, doing grocery shopping.
We talked forever, it seems like we’re high school again. She changed a lot. Taba mo Jho! Hahaha! She’s married with a son now. We talked about the old times, how she plans to have a church wedding in December in Olongapo. We called some of our friends. I watched her get ready and I saw her in her flight uniform, hehehe! We grew up. All 4 of us grew up really nice. and even if we changed a lot, But she’s still my tambourine partner who cries to me when Amelie accused her of cheating. Hahaha! It may be 4-5 years since we last saw each other, and it looks like I’ll be the last one to get married among the 4 of us (as assumed by others) but I will always be the tall geek who bought the wrong set of ribbons for the tambourine and I’ll still come to your rescue and harass Amelie even if you really did cheat on the exam. Hehehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home