Wednesday, April 29, 2009

part 1

Decisions are hard to make. You have to weigh certain pro’s and cons before finally deciding. Sometimes just flipping a coin is enough, just to finally choose. I’ve had my share of bad decisions. But I want to think of them as learning curves, although I can’t say I learned at all. Since last Sunday I’ve been back and forth about something. My mind’s battling over my numb heart. I knelt before the Lord over this and asked Him to take over because I can’t do this alone.
During the retreat, the pastor asked us what’s our most priced possession. A lot of people had materials things on their mind, but I don’t. then Pastor Louie said, are you willing to give up your priced possession if God asked you to? We’re only talking material things. God asked Abraham for his Isaac (his son) and Abraham obeyed, without faltering. Pastor Louie then again asked us, “are you willing to give up your Isaac if God asked you?”
It hurts to bad, but I did. I gave up my Isaac. Its probably the most difficult decision I ever made but I did. I’ve hurt people but I know God would heal them. It’s too sudden, but at some point I know this is the perfect time. I’m still hurting but I believe that I’m also healing at the same time. And I’m also sure, that my battle is just starting. After my Isaac, I should be like Lot’s wife… to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home