Wednesday, June 08, 2005

You complete me vs. Make me Whole

This may seem a little late, but better late than sorry… hehehe
I’ll talk about my weekend. Saturday, I spent the whole day, well most of it, transferring my things from Las Pinas to my new “kuta” somewhere in espana. Imagine all five big bags, and I moved all alone. hay!!
Late afternoon, I decided to give in to ate lulu’s invitation. Her officemate’s band, they’ll be playing at Blue Finn, since am so worn out, I decided to chill a bit. The band’s cool I guess I find them cool coz they play my type of music. We finished at around 230am so I stayed at ate lulu’s place. The next day I have to meet up with an old friend of mine, whom I haven’t seen in 5 years, Bam. She’s in town so we decided to meet up. Am so excited to see her again, she’s one of my friends kasi whom I can talk to about anything, not to mention she knows me very well since we practically grew up together. We even played tambourine in church long, long time ago (yes, I did play the tambourine, or should I say danced)… well anyways, so I met up with her. We had brunch in Ortigas. She seemed excited to see me din naman, but when she started asking me bout my spiritual life, I stutter, then she knew na, something’s wrong. Man, I hate the fact that she knows me well. I told her everything, even my last attempt to end it all. then she told me something na nakapagpa-shock sa akin, I thought my stories would shock her, turns out mas shoking pa story nya. She went home sa Philippines coz she’s enrolling at Bible School. Hu-wat!?! I mean, I knew Bam since we were 10, but never in our life that we imagined her to be a Pastor. I know she grew up in a Christian environment, her dad’s a well known Pastor, both brother’s church musician, mom’s a song leader and she used to sing at church din. Then she explained to me the hardship that she had to undergo before she finally heard God’s voice calling her to ministry. How she became deaf to God’s voice because she’s to soaked with her problems. She didn’t knew na that was God’s way of calling her na. That made me think, maybe am like Bam, am meant for something BIG in the future. I may have shortcomings and struggles today, but I still have to look forward to a tomorrow.
So Bam left for Cebu (Immanuel Bible School) that day. I thought it’s still early so I decided to walk muna sa mall, then at some point, while walking, parang a sudden rush of loneliness came upon me. I suddenly felt so lonely, I thought I just wanna be surrounded with people so I went sa food court, but bad decision, lalo akong nalungkot. I hate this feeling. So I texted some of my friends, lalah and Yvette. Lah told me she’s attending VCF the fort but she’ll go to greenbelt first so I asked her if she could meet me there, the plan was clear. Later she texted me, meet na lang daw kami sa the Fort. Huh?! What the?!! I never reply na.
I texted ate lulu and teejae. Teejae called after few minutes but my phone turned off, just right!!! I looked for a cell shop then charged my phone. Was waiting for another text from them but wala na. I decided to go home coz naiiyak na ko and I don’t wanna look stupid naman crying by myself. I rode the MRT, not sure where to go, halfway through the stations, I got a text from ate lulu asking me if I wanna go to church, maybe that’s what I really need nga, God’s word and people surrounding me. I said yes, I asked her kung ok lang na we’d go to VCF, she said yes naman. I also invited teejae and jayzle. I stopped by Quezon Ave., I cant stop crying na, I really feel so lonely, parang ang lungkot lungkot ko. I went to mc donalds café. When I saw the girl at the counter she was so red, looked like she just cried, but I ignored her, hey am crying too. After ordering, I went outside, I was wearing shades coz am still crying but when the girl gave me my coffee, she asked me… “Ma’m are you crying? Then she offered me tissue.”
Am not sure what to say, so I just nod. She left immediately. After few minutes, teejae asked me if I wanna hang out muna sa house nila while she’s getting ready for church. So I went to their house. when I reached their house, di ko na napigil sarili ko, I sobbed in her pillows na, good thing she’s typing her blog so she didn’t noticed, or she did but she just ignored, good thing, hehehe!! I sat on the floor, my back’s on the left side of the bed and she’s on the other side. She’s talking but am crying, am still answering naman everytime she’ll ask something.
On our way to Galeria, she told me about her prayer earlier that day. I had long talk with her. Learned a lot about her and most especially inspired by her. When we reached Galeria, I thought she knew na that were going to a Born Again Service, coz she’s a bit surprised when I told her. So teejae, ate lulu and me went to VCF service. Although we have bad pwesto, coz the service’s full na, I still got the message. It was as if the Pastor’s talking particularly to me. It hit me!!! God is so intelligent talaga.
After the service, jayzle and cell followed us and we had dinner together. Wow!!! I realized its been a while since nakumpleto kaming lime, although technically di talaga kami kumpleto, kasi wala si little boy (renan) at si ano… wag na!!! Hehehe
So yun, t’was fun. Actually for a while I forgot about everything that’s going on in my life. That moment/hours all I thought about was them, yung mga stories that we’ll share at kung ano ano pa. Basta dun lang muna iikot mundo ko, that moment lang. Till I got a text from my mom, asking me to go home. I told them about it, honestly I don’t want to go home, but they urged me to. So I did.

Well what happened after I went home? Next post na, ang haba na nito eh.
pahabol lang...this is my friend Bam...la lang
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger pearljem said...

eto analysis ko...

Parang mas maganda pakinggan ang "you complete me" kesa sa "make me whole" kasi pag make me whole...parang nagmamakaawa naman ang dating...parang "pleeasseee....make me whole" at aminadong di sya kumpleto. While yung "you complete me" parang...dagdag lang yung meron siyang partner, naisip nya na kumpletong kumpleto na siya.

wahahaha! ang gulo ko! may kwenta ba? basta ganon...sinabi na kasi not just ur ordinary girl na lang

9:31 PM  
Blogger chellix said...

hahaha...korek
pero kung iisipin mo parang iisa lang naman ang thought nila diba,ang difference lang siguro eh magkaiba sila ng choice of words
basta mas maganda pa ring pakinggan yung you complete me
hahahaha

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home